Monday, May 18, 2009

Never judge the cover!

Today I visited an old friend mine whom I've known him for over 25 years. His younger days are even more colorful than mine! He was at least 2 x more rascal and uncontrollable than I am. I mean, when ever there is trouble (fighting), most of the time, he's involved. He's one crazy SOG. Lol .... Well those were the days! We have then moved on and mellowed down.

We spoke for about an hour and a half - talking about the current politics, updates on our friends, economy, weather and so on. Nah ... we didn't talk about the pubs at Kuchai Enterprenuers' Park!

Before I left, he gave me a 0.5 kg of blueberry cheese cake. It was home made cake. His nephew learned from his mom. I've known his nephew when he was little. But now, he is a humongous 6 foot 2 giant, who wears a size 12 shoes! Can u imagine a giant in the kitchen baking cakes standing next to my friend, his uncle, a 5 foot 4? Cute isn't it? Remember the movie "Twins" starring Arnold and Danny DeVito. Hahaha! Actually, his nephew was not there. It's just my imagination.

Anyway, my friend took out the box from the fridge and put in into a used yellow plastic. mmm.. doesn't look enterprising. I wasn't expecting much of it. Anyway, as it is free ... I quickly took it and thank him.

When I reached home, I took out the yellow plastic bag, opened the box and was surprised to see the cake. I was actually expecting a 2 inch thick cake. That big box definitely gave me a wrong impression. Didn't expect it to be that thin. I guess that is the biggest size that you bake for a 0.5kg.

On the other hand, the 2 little blue flower on the top left and a layer of blueberry on top of the cheese cake was simply quite impressive. Never expect that giant nephew to have such a "feminine" touch. See picture below.

I took a small slice and was simply amazed with the richness of the cheese and blueberry taste. Simply delicious ! I like the rich texture of the cheese cake and the tantalizing sweet blueberry taste. Very well blended. I whacked another 2 pieces.

I must admit, it is definitely one hell of a good cheese cake. That humongous giant can really bake! My friend told me that they wanted to sell it at RM35 which I would say to Secret Recipe, "you better watch out, here comes The Cottage". Not only it looks good, it taste great too, never mind the packaging. Looking forward to share the balance with my family tonight, if there is any left! :b





5 comments:

  1. wow..durian guy, it does look delicious...i never bake cheese cake before. but after looking and reading your comment..it does inspire me to give it a shot. mind sharing the recipe? *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so funny! I'm 6 feet tall... I wonder if people say that about me when I cook?!?!?! LOL! I'm glad you enjoyed the cake!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ian, no lah... my kids whack the whole cake. I can get u a new one... cost u only $35 ...USD!!!

    Fazz, it was yummy! I don't hv the recipe but i don't mind be your guinea pig...when u making one?

    Cindy, thank you....glad that u enjoy the article as i enjoy the cake. Nah, I won't call your humongous giant...maybe Godzilla. lol

    Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been called Godzilla before so you're going to have to come up with a better one!

    ReplyDelete