Friday, May 22, 2009

Best birdie shot of my life

It was a promised with my new golf buddies that we are supposed to take a day off today (officially or unofficially) to have a round of golf at Kinrara GCC . These guys are all in the solution selling profession. Young, dynamic, confidence and successful in their own field.

We teed off at 10am today and ended at about 3pm (with interval of 45min break for lunch). It was a damn bloody hot day especially at around 1-2pm! The sun would pierced through the skin and you can feel like thousand of bees stinging your body. The cap and sun block lotion doesn't help. I would stand or park our buggy under a tree in every oportunity I can find.

I didn't play well today - scored +7 above my handicapped. However, my only consolation prize was that I had the best shot of the day ... no ... best shot of my entire life. I had the best birdie shot where Tiger Wood, Vijay Singh, Phil Mickhelson and all the professional players would envy to have one!

Well, I have had many birdie shots previously. What so great about this birdie shot is that the ball (Srixon soft feel) was on the rough fringe on the verge of dropping to the bunker, it was an uphill shot with a distance about 25m. To get the ball onto the green, I would have to chip it across the bunker. I decided to use my killer Sandwedge and when addressing the ball, somehow I have a very good feeling and confidence about the shot. Took a couple of practice swing and "swoosh" - a nice smooth chip, the ball flew across the bunker as planned, landed on the fringed of the green, bounced a little and roll smoothly directly to the pin. It was an aesthetic feeling. Immediately, I did the "Tiger" punch! Woo hoo ...

Never mind if today I didn't played my best; never mind today was a bloody hot and burning day that left two toned color on my left hand and a "V" shape below my neck ... its the one and only birdie shots that maketh my day count! I only wish that every shot is like this. ;b

No comments:

Post a Comment