Tuesday, May 12, 2009

My first blog

Woo hoo .... i've finally taken my first baby step to venture into cyberspace ....

Although I've been an avid blog reader seeking alternative information, reading views from great people and at the same time improve my english, I have always wanted to do something with/on the internet especially knowing that people "do" get income from blogging! Hey, why not....

Well, I'm often appalled at the people who make money (little or humongous) from the internet. You see, I have been in the IT industry for well over 18years, professing ideas that technology can help businesses to grow, reach its customers globally and instantly, etc. but I, myself have not capitalize on it. Shame on me isn't it.

Well I guess I cannot compare me as an individual to an organization per se. My focus and responsibility has always been creating and developing new business opportunity for the companies I work for. Hmm... that's my attempt in "defending" myself. :b

Though I have advices and after been in "blog surfing" for quite a while, I should be able to just blog about anything under the sky. Well, easier said than done, for a person who seldom writes (except for replying emails and writing proposals), I am struggling on what should I blog.

Simple questions like what should be my blog's name, how would be the format of my writing, what should i write, should I add pictures or videos or animation, do I create different folders for differentiate topics, etc.

In any case, I have already initiated my first step and successfully defeated my "procrastination". My next step is to plan what I want to blog and to find a "mentor".

Any takers?

5 comments:

  1. hey durian guy...congrats on your status as blogger! congrats on taking that first step!
    in my opinion- blog about anything that you;re passionate about.. that should keep the momentum going..
    all the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree ... but it takes time and effort. It is easier said than done! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Leong, Good Job for the first time! Keep us entertain with more spiky stories ya...

    Annie

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you x 10000. keep visiting and click the bloody adverts. I need to earn blog marneee!!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Question ... You never really revealed what "nudged" you to finally take the step .. to overcome your procrastination .. and start blogging. What helped you make the leap ?

    ReplyDelete