Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Weekend retreat ... part 2

Sungai Tekala
This is a much better place for a family get together and if anyone wants to be with nature. Great tropical forest with waterfall too. Entrance fee is only a mere RM1 (USD 1.00 = RM3.60). It’s about 20 mins drive from Semenyih town going toward Nirvana Memorial Park. The place is about 500m further away from Nirvana.

The best thing I like about this place is the waterfall. Though it’s a small waterfall but the gushing water is thrilling enough to get your heart pump affectionately! It’s a real great fun and exciting!

For the city kids, at first they might not like to play in the water as it looks “dirty” with the fallenleaves and branches as compare to a swimming pool, but believe you me, they will not get enough of it once they dip into the water and stand on the stream of gushing water running through their body.

See the water surging/rushing onto my niece and nephew. It takes guts to stand below the gushing water.














I was told that you can discharge all your negative energy whilst absorbing the positive energy from the surrounding, especially if you walk bare foot and it is even more effective if you stand "under" the waterfall.

You can see many people enjoying themselves; Malay, Chinese, Indian or Sikh …no racism crap. We all share and play at the same place…. this is what I would think the “ 1Malaysia” slogan which our PM professed, should be. Look at the picture … everyone is enjoy themselves!

Ah, you can see also interesting people with different distinct culture/mentality. They would bring all sorts of household things. I mean, I understand if they brought their camping, or picnic stuffs but baby crib, rocking chair???! And I saw a lady washing her hair with shampoo and a boy applying soap on his body …. on that water!?? What on earth are they thinking, man??

Anyway, one thing I’m proud of is that all Malaysians shared and play at the same place harmoniously. Wouldn’t this be nice if our politicians leaves out the racial issues and focus our nation building! Sometimes, I really piss of with these politician bozos!

Here are additional pictures.
































It’s a superb place to be for a short weekend getaway especially for the Klang Valley folks and if you are lucky, you'll be greeted with the wild monkeys. Btw, there are little fish and prawn too.

KLCC - Petronas Twin Tower


Ah… our proud monumental icon. One of the best structural designs in the world. This building always amazes and fascinates me. It looks magnificent day or night, near or far.










We (especially the ladies) likes to go to KLCC as they have everything under the same building, retail shops, more shops, bigger shops, playground (biggest in KL), restaurant, cinema, convention center, free air-con, etc.

If I have foreign guest, this is definitely a place I would take them to and I’d drive them to a great spot to take picture.

Ah, I sometimes wonder if they got inspiration from our favorite “jagung” (corn). Here are some picture I took with my Canon IXUS digital camera. The pictures were a bit shaky as I took it without using a tripod.


The only complain I have is when I leave the building … that's when you find out the parking fees! It’s damn overly priced! Paid about RM13.00 for 3 ½ hours! What a reap off ... not so free air-con afterall!

2 comments:

  1. The architecture in KLCC (?) is amazing. Thank you for sharing. The natural stream seems so crowded with people. Must be very popular spot.

    Wild monkeys ... how wild ? Will they socialize with humans ??

    Take care ... bedtime here in the United States. Must turn in ... Good Night

    ReplyDelete
  2. ACT, is was quite crowded as it was a school holiday. I would say that it is popular amongst those staying around the area. Sadly, most city folks wouldn't know of such a place existed near them.

    Wild monkeys as in they roam freely in the forest. Nah, I don't think these monkeys socialize with humans. They tread every movement cautiously, especially when humans around. Some of these goons throw human food to them which i think is not a good idea.

    Actually, i wanted to post a lot of pictures but it took ages to upload one and every time it screw up the paragraph alignments.

    ReplyDelete