Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Durian Season




Yay, the durian season is here. While we drove back from Sungai Tekala last week end, we spotted many durian trees along the way. We managed find a place to stop by to take a few pictures ... tried to look for one too.... but unfortunately there wasn't any. If you are wondering why I said "look" instead of "plug", that's because only the ripe one will drop off from the branch by itself.

Now, imagine if Newton were to sit under the durian tree and not the apple tree .... hahaha. We wouldn't be learning about Newton's law of gravitation today and probably Einstein wouldn't be able to formulate his EM=C2 equation!

Anyway, many Malaysians can easily spot a durian fruit but behold and betold .... embarrasingly, many Malaysians still doesn't know how a durian tree looks like. Don't believe me ... do a simple survey and ask your close friends. My guess is that 4 out of 10 cannot point out a durian tree especially when there is no fruit on it. Let me know if I'm wrong.

5 comments:

  1. Another lesson about durian .. How Wonderful ! I could not have identified a durian tree as the encyclopedia did not have a picture. :)

    Someday I hope to taste a durian ... as now my curiousity is piqued.

    Interesting posts ... better than "How to make money & get rich."

    My life is very 'rich' already ... I have friends !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to try this spikey fruit! Hhhhmmm... you know it kind of looks like a weapon from The Super Mario Bros. game hehehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ACT, I too am rich with friends but i'll attain my true "richness" is when I taste all types of durians where ever they are ... hahaha. Thanks again for your comments and encouragement! Cheers!

    CC... Yes. it can use as a weapon ... especially helpful during "clearance sales". Nobody dares to come near you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh My ... your blog has been even more quiet than mine.

    Hope all is well ... look forward to hearing new adventures soon.

    Take care -
    ACT

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really liked the durian fruit. it's also very unique and diverse kinds. but I do not understand, why many people who do not like durian

    ReplyDelete