Friday, July 31, 2009

Greatest storyteller - Yasmin Ahmad

I would like to share with you one of my favourite storyteller and film director of all time .... the late Yasmin Ahmad (July 1, 1958 - July 25, 2009). Her films has touched many people and it certainly has touched mine. With sincerest sympathy and may she rest in peace.

I'm compiling her works (short stories) in this blog as I find it hard and cumbersome to search each and every one of them in the Youtube. So, whenever I want to view them, especially when I want to uplift my spirit, have a good laugh and to remind myself of things that are dear to me i.e. my family and friends, I can now easily click them here.

Hope you enjoy them as much as I do. Oh, if none of the stories touch your heart, I'll buy you breakfast, lunch and dinner for the next 365 days!






























These are my all time favorites ...










Here's a short Bio of her.

Yasmin Ahmad (July 1, 1958 - July 25, 2009) was a critically-acclaimed multi-award winning film director, writer and scriptwriter. Her television commercials and films are well-known in Malaysia for their humour, heart and love that crosses cross-cultural barriers, in particular her ads for Petronas, the national oil and gas company. Her works have won multiple awards both within Malaysia and internationally.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Yasmin Ahmad, whom I had never heard of before today. I read the post and watched every clip ... and I cry ... and I thank you.

    Your passing brought my friend back to his computer to share once again his thoughts and humor ... traits he admired in you.

    The few clips that were not in English and had no subtitles ... could have been meaningless to me .. but they were not. There was no need for for language to start the flow of tears. For there was no lack of understanding - the feelings portrayed have no barrier.

    I came to my computer this afternoon to look for a "cleaning tip" as I tidied my home. Instead, I found once again a gift from a friend who I will probably never meet, but who transcends all boundaries - geographical and cultural - to continually enrich my life.

    Dear "Durian Guy" ... Welcome back. You have been missed. And again - thank you for making my world just a little bit clearer and oh so much richer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, ACT. Glad that you like them as much as i do.

    ReplyDelete